TULSA’S TOP DOCTORS + STATE OF THE ART FACILITIES =
THE BEST SURGICAL CARE IN THE AREA
Recognizing that surgery can be stressful, we work closely with patients and families to ensure that admission and discharge go smoothly.
You may pre-register for surgery by contacting us. This frees you from paperwork and possible delays on the day of your procedure.
Insurance pre-authorization, co-pays and all financial arrangements must be completed before your procedure begins.
Plan to have a driver available to transport you home after your procedure. You will not be released to drive yourself home under any circumstances after anesthesia.
Please do not consume any food or drink after 12:00 am the night before your surgery. If you do consume any food or drink, please notify the surgery staff. Your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
General anesthesia relaxes the muscles in your digestive tract and airway that keep food and acid in your stomach and out of your lungs. That’s why it is important to follow your physician’s instructions about when to stop eating and drinking prior to surgery.
While you should avoid certain medications before surgery, you can take most pain medication, beta-blockers and acid reduction medication with a sip of water up until early in the morning on the day of surgery. Discuss all your current medications with your physician to make sure they will not put you at risk during your procedure.
- Leave all of your regular medications at home, except inhalers (which should be given to your nurse when you arrive), unless your physician specifically asks you to bring them.
- Bring your insurance cards and photo ID.
- Arrange for a friend or relative to drive you home after your procedure.
- Leave money, credit cards and other valuables at home. Belongings that remain at your bedside are your responsibility;
- All jewelry, including piercings and your wedding band, must be removed and left at home.
- Do not wear make up.
- Bring protective containers for eyeglasses, contact lenses, prosthesis and dentures, or you may leave them at home. You must provide your own contact solution if necessary.
- Bathe and brush your teeth before arriving and do not wear makeup.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and shoes with flat heels.
- Do not smoke after midnight prior to your surgery or procedure.
- If you are staying overnight, please leave suitcases in your car until you have been assigned a room.